Ours is the "Impact Profession" and AFP publishes books that help fundraising professionals learn, grow, and achieve on a higher plane. Our titles include AFP books published in partnership with Wiley; AFP's fast-expanding Ready Reference series, and an inspiring new line of think pieces now in development: Bright Papers.
AFP's Ready Reference Series
AFP's Ready Reference Series enables practitioners to get up to speed fast on essential fundraising topics. These short books are replete with practical tips related to fundraising. How short? You can read them in one sitting!
*Members may download a pdf version of these books for free - click here!
AFP's Ready Reference Series Update
Originally published in the early 2000s, a wide range of new and updated titles are available now with more than a dozen anticipated in 2019. They include: Building an Effective Board of Directors by Linda Lysakowski, ACFRE; Getting Ready for a Capital Campaign by Linda Lysakowski, ACFRE; Developing Policies and Procedures: Best Practices for Accountability and Transparency by Barbara L. Ciconte, CFRE, and updated by R. Scott Fortnum, MA, CFRE, ACFRE; and How to Give a Great Speech or Presentation by Wayne Olson, J.D.
Just a few of the additional titles due out this year:
- Approaches to Strategic Planning by Jan F. Brazzell, Ph.D., ACFRE
- Research Recommendations for Fundraising Professionals by Lori Hunter Overmyer, ACFRE
- Diversity & Inclusion by Armando Zumaya
- The First 90 Days: Establishing Yourself as the Development Director by Sophie Penney, Ph.D.
- Development Plans for Faith-Based Fundraising
Recently published titles include:
- The Complete Guide to Fundraising Management, 4th edition, by Stanley Weinstein, ACFRE, EMBA, and Pamela Barden, DBA, CFRE (2017)
- A Higher Bid: How to Transform Special Event Fundraising with Strategic Benefit Auctions, by Kathy Kingston (2015)