Nominations for the 2020 AFP Canada Board of Directors
You have the power to influence the focus and direction of AFP in a very concrete way: by nominating leaders for the AFP Canada Board of Directors!
AFP Canada serves as the voice of the fundraising profession in our country. Guided by the AFP in Canada Strategic Plan, we focus on government relations and communications. Working in close partnership with the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada and AFP Global, AFP Canada strives to stimulate a world of generosity and positive social good through fundraising best practices.
"AFP Canada is a great way to help shape your profession and a great opportunity for you to grow personally and professionally"
- Scott Decksheimer, CFRE, Past Chair, AFP Canada
The AFP Canada Board is a working board requiring active participation, committee involvement and a desire to develop programs that elevate the profession in Canada. Board members are strongly encouraged to attend the annual Canadian Leadership Retreat in July and engage with the global AFP community at other leadership events.
Thank you for your interest. Nominations closed on Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
The evaluation criteria used by the committee includes:
- Leadership ability which demonstrates the skills needed to govern a professional Association;
- Previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally, nationally and/or internationally;
- Particular leadership needs of AFP at the time candidates are being considered
- Relevant professional certification;
- Geographic location;
- Areas of professional practice;
- Support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada;
- AFP chapter size; and
- Membership current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethical Standards).
The board will consist of up to twenty members. Directors shall serve one-year terms with a maximum of eight consecutive years as per the decision of the AFP Canada Committee on Directorship.
Please feel free to contact Lisa Davey (email@example.com; 613-407-7169) if you have any questions.
AFP Canada Committee on Directorship
- Scott Decksheimer, CFRE, AFP Canada Past Chair, (Committee Chair)
- Paula Attfield, AFP Canada Chair
- Ron Bailey, CFRE, Manitoba Chapter
- Chantal Gélinas, CFRE, Quebec Chapter
- Brad Jacobs, Cape Breton Chapter