AFP Chapter Website Program
Updated May 10, 2019
In 2017, AFP IHQ partnered with industry leader Higher Logic to provide new community-based websites for all AFP chapters. The AFP Chapter Website Program provides chapters with a strong, branded online platform for their members and the public at no cost. To learn more about the program, including how to participate, training materials and videos, resources and more, please click the links below to jump to each respective section!
- How to Participate
- Training Materials Through Higher Logic
- Quick Video Tutorials & Additional Resources
- Support Forums
- Tools/Ideas to Help Manage Your Website
- Support from IHQ
- Chapter Website Program Updates – See the latest program update communications from AFP IHQ.
- Current Chapter Sites Listing - Take a look at the current AFP Chapter Website Program sites.
- Establishing Your AFP Chapter Website - Each chapter is required to complete the AFP Chapter Website Participation Intent Form | Collegiate Intent Form. The information provided in this form will be used to structure and deliver your site according to your requirements. The AFP Chapter Website Program team will work with Higher Logic to set up the initial template framework for each chapter site. AFP will then turn the site framework over to each chapter to tailor and personalize according to the chapter’s needs.
2. TRAINING MATERIALS
- Managing Your AFP Chapter Site
- [Training Webinar: Nov. 13, 2017] Managing Your AFP Chapter Site
- [Documentation] Content Management System (CMS) Overview
- [Video] Creating Chapter Website Pages
- [Video] How to Organize Pages & Content
- [Documentation] Organizing Website Content: Navigation and Web Pages
- [Video] Hiding and Deleting Chapter Website Pages
- [Documentation] Adding Content to Web Pages
- Managing Your AFP Chapter Events & Community Forum
- [Training Webinar: Nov. 27, 2017] Managing AFP Chapter Events & Community
- [Documentation] Event Manager (Creating and Managing Events)
- [Documentation] Managing AFP Chapter (Community) Settings
- [Documentation] Set Up an Online Payment Provider for AFP Chapter Events
This series of quick video tutorials will walk you through everything you need to know to manage your AFP chapter website. You can find these videos (and more!) in the AFP Chapter Website Program Community Library on the AFP Connect site. The topics covered include:
- Site Setup Tutorial
- Managing Ads (upload, manage, and edit ads to your site)
- Site Setup (manage the Contact Us, site logo and images, and settings on your site)
- Library Discussions and Blogs
- Events (Part 1): Payment Provider Setup
- Events (Part 2): Create Events & RSVP Events
- Events (Part 3): Simple Event Setup
- Events (Part 4): Complex Event Setup
- Events (Part 5): Managing Your Registration Roster
- Slide Carousel Tutorial
- Updating Social Media Icons and Links Tutorial
- Updating the Career Center/Posting Jobs Tutorial
- Chapter Homepage Overview - Use this "map key" to understand the layout and functionality of your site's homepage.
- Adding a Facebook Feed to Your Site
- Setting up Google Analytics on Your Site: Step-by-Step Instructions | FAQ
- Setting Up a Custom Domain for Your Site
AFP has two community support forums for chapter admins to utilize as you work to build out your new websites. See below for more information on each, and be sure to join and take advantage of the advice and expertise all around you!
The Higher Logic User Group (or HUG) helps clients get the most out of their online community by providing a support network where you can connect with other Higher Logic experts, customers and partners through interactive blogs, forums and discussions. Post your questions, and crowd-sourcing will provide the answers! HUG also has an extensive library of materials, examples and other items to help you develop and expand your site’s capabilities. HUG membership also provides access to live and recorded instructional webinars to build your understanding of the Higher Logic platform. All chapter admins responsible for their Higher Logic site will be provided access to HUG.
To receive an invite to join HUG: Please click here to request an account (be sure to put down your AFP chapter name to receive approval).
We have created an AFP Chapter Website Program Community on AFP Connect where we will post important information and helpful documents. We hope you will join this community and use it to discuss your new websites, ask questions of your fellow admins, post helpful documents, and more.
Event Management/Marketing & Email Management:
- Cvent Event Management for AFP Chapters
- EventBrite Event Management
- Real Magnet Marketing & Email Management (coming soon!)
Forms and Surveys:
- AddThis Website Tools, Plugins & Widgets (recommended by Higher Logic for its platform)
- TickCounter Countdown Timer Widget
- Fundraising Thermometer Tool
- Chapter Webmaster LinkedIn Group
- Chapter LinkedIn Groups
- AFP Logo Usage Guide and Brand Protection Policy Guidelines
Questions? Please contact AFP Chapter Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.