AFP Webinar: Applying Decision Science to Legacy Marketing
Legacy giving requires thought, lots of time and technical skills. So how do you make it as easy as possible for your donors to consider pledging a gift in a will? What decision science nudges can you use to help them along the decision-making process?
In this session you will learn the fundamentals of decision science, how people make decisions and which nudges you can use in your gifts in wills marketing to transform your appeals and secure pledges.
1) Understand how designing legacy marketing differs from other fundraising materials
2) Learn how to leverage decision science nudges to inspire donors to consider leaving a gift in a will
3) How to write impactful legacy marketing
Presenter: Ligia Peña, CFRE, MInstF, AFP Master Trainer
Ligia Peña, CFRE, MInstF, AFP Master Trainer Ligia Peña’s career began in 2002 at the YMCA of Greater Montreal as the Director of Fundraising and Communications. Since then she has worked with many organizations in a senior-level capacity and has offered consulting services under her own banner. She is currently the Global Legacy Manager at Greenpeace International where she drives Greenpeace’s global legacy strategy and manages a community of practice of legacy managers in 14 countries. She’s a seasoned presenter internationally and she’s the author of the ‘Small Shop Fundraising’ chapter in the 2nd volume of Excellence in Fundraising in Canada. Ligia is a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Kent where she is researching the topic of national umbrella legacy marketing campaigns in the UK and Canada. When she’s not geeking out on legacy related things, she’s either knitting, cooking or planning her next trip. To follow her adventures, you can read her blog at www.globetrottingfundraiser.com or on Twitter @GlobetrottingFr or Instagram at @GlobetrottingFundraiser Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/ligiapena
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.