AFP Quebec Chapter Event: National Philanthropy Day 2020
Established in 1986, November 15th is designated across Canada as The National Philanthropy Day. This day celebrates the daily commitment of individuals, businesses and organizations. Each year, more than a hundred AFP chapters in North America, celebrate by organizing recognition events.
On this occasion, the Association of Professionals in Philanthropy – Quebec Chapter will present excellence awards to individuals and companies who excel in their volunteering activities and fundraising campaigns in order to contribute to the well-being of others and of our society.
The celebrations of National Philanthropy Day will take place this year over several days:
- Thursday November 12: Presentation on our social networks of a video that will highlight the successes of philanthropic organizations during the pandemic.
- Friday November 13 at noon: Panel – Pursuing our missions together – the impact of COVID-19
For many organizations, during the lockdown, solidarity has been revived among their donors and volunteers. A great chain of love and a touching mobilization have been built. But many questions remain:
- What real impacts has COVID-19 on organizations in different sectors?
- What are the repercussions and how to bounce back?
- What are the lessons to be learned from this situation?
- Are we right to say that there is strength in unity?
Join us for a videoconference discussion moderated by a panel of different sectors of the philanthropic community who will attempt to answer these questions: Éricka Alnéus, Pour 3 Points (moderator and participant ), Charles-Éric Lavery, L’Itinéraire Marina Boulos, Chez Doris Heather Johnston, Projet Autochtone du Québec, Jacynthe Roy, Les Petits Frères, Benoit Robillard, Douglas Foundation.
- Monday November 16 at 10 a.m. : Conference to be confirmed - Details to come.
- Monday November 16 at noon : 2020 Excellence Awards Ceremony
Join us in honoring and celebrating this year’s recipients, individuals and corporate citizens who help shape the philanthropic landscape here. The webcast ceremony will be hosted by Jasmin Roy, president, Fondation Jasmin Roy Sophie Desmarais, Instigator member of the Donnant-Donnant movement.