Proposed 2021 AFP Canada Board of Directors
TO: AFP Members in Canada
FROM: Scott Decksheimer, CFRE, chair, AFP Canada Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Canada underwent a lengthy process to identify candidates for the 2021 AFP Canada Board of Directors. We are pleased to bring forward a slate of candidates with a strong interest, vast experience and numerous skills and expertise to advance our profession at the national level. The following criteria was used in the selection process:
- Leadership ability that demonstrated the skills needed to govern a professional association;
- Previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally, nationally and/or internationally;
- Leadership, experience or community perspectives needed by AFP at the time candidates were considered;
- Relevant professional certification, education or learning;
- Education and/or training;
- Geographic location;
- Diversity of all kinds;
- Area of professional practice;
- Support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada;
- AFP chapter size; and
- AFP Membership current and in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Standards).
As an AFP member in Canada, you are invited to review the proposed slate and endorse or oppose it. Please click the “Participate Now” button below to view the slate.
The deadline for your response is Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. eastern time.
With the endorsement of AFP members in Canada, the slate will be presented to the Association of Fundraising Professionals for approval and appointment of the directors to serve a one-year term starting on January 1 and ending on December 31, 2021.
The Nominating Committee of AFP Canada is chaired by Scott Decksheimer, CFRE, past chair of the AFP Canada Board. Other members of the committee include Paula Attfield, Daphne Carter, Chantal Gélinas, CFRE, Sana Mahboob and Ken Mayhew.
AFP Canada, a nonprofit formed in 2017, represents more than 3,000 fundraisers across the country working to support causes and missions that help Canadians from coast to coast to coast. We serve as the voice of the fundraising profession in Canada and are part of the larger AFP Global network, the largest community of fundraisers in the world.
Guided by the AFP in Canada Strategic Plan, we focus on government relations and communications. Working in close partnership with the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada and our local chapters, AFP Canada strives to stimulate a world of generosity through ethical and effective fundraising.