How to give to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada offers a range of convenient giving options. Donors can support the Canadian Foundation's Annual Fund in several ways.
- I want to make a gift to the AFP Canadian Foundation online.
- I want to print out a pledge form and mail or fax it to the Canadian Foundation (the Annual Giving form is provided under Attachments below).
- I want to enroll in the Canadian Foundation's Alpha Society, a sustained monthly giving program.
- I want to learn more about my planned giving options, including bequests.
AFP Canada Office
675 King St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 1M9
Donor Recognition Levels
The Canadian Foundation's annual report recognizes all donors to the previous year's campaign. Below is a breakdown of giving clubs and pledge levels.
- Chairman’s Club: $25,000+
- Investors’ Club: $10,000-$24,999
- Founders’ Club: $5,000 - $9,999
- Steward’s Club: $2,500-$4,999
- President’s Club: $1,000 - $2,499
- Ambassador’s Club – Emerald Level: $500-$999
- Ambassador’s Club – Ruby Level: $250-$499
- Ambassador’s Club – Sapphire Level: $100-$249
- Friends of the Foundation: $50 to $99
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada maintains its financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) on an accrual basis. For accounting purposes:
- Gifts by pledge are recorded as receivable in the year made and become income to the Canadian Foundation as they are fulfilled.
- Checks dated no later than Dec. 31 and received at the Canadian Office within a reasonable period of time after Dec. 31 (by Jan. 15) will be accounted for in the campaign period just ended.
- Cash in transit to the Canadian Office within a reasonable period of time after Dec. 31 (received by Jan. 15) will be accounted for in the campaign year just ended.
- Gifts made by transfer of non-cash assets are recorded on the date of transfer.