Proposed 2022 AFP Canada Board of Directors
The Nominating Committee of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Canada underwent a lengthy process to identify candidates for the 2022 AFP Canada Board of Directors. We are pleased to bring forward a slate of candidates with a strong interest, vast experience and numerous skills and expertise in advancing our profession at the national level. The following criteria was used in the selection process:
- Leadership ability that demonstrates the skills needed to govern a professional association;
- Previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally, nationally and/or internationally;
- Participation in AFP activities as a volunteer;
- Financial support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada; and
- AFP membership standing (membership is required for board service).
Additional consideration was given to the following:
- Relevant professional certification, education or learning;
- Leadership experience or community perspectives needed by AFP at the time candidates are being considered;
- Fluency in both Canada’s official languages;
- Diversity of geographic location and of chapter size;
- Diversity of areas of professional practice; and
- Diversity of all kinds.
As an AFP member in Canada, you are invited to review the proposed slate and endorse or oppose it. Please click the button below to view the slate. The deadline for your response is Friday, November 26 at 5:00 p.m. eastern.
With the endorsement of AFP members in Canada, the slate will be presented to the Association of Fundraising Professionals for approval and appointment of the directors to serve a one-year term starting on January 1 and ending on December 31, 2022.
The Nominating Committee of AFP Canada was chaired by Paula Attfield, past chair of the AFP Canada Board. Other members of the committee include Angela Chapman, CFRE, Daphne Carter, Elaine Lalonde, CFRE, Ken Mayhew and Sandra Sualim, CFRE.
AFP Canada, a nonprofit formed in 2017, was created to bring a Canadian perspective to AFP’s government relations and communications. AFP Canada represents more than 3,000 fundraising leaders across the country working to support causes and missions that help Canadians from coast to coast to coast. The organization serves as the voice of the fundraising profession in Canada and is part of the larger AFP Global network, the largest community of professional fundraisers in the world.