Election 2021 – #fundraisersvote
As leaders in the charitable sector, AFP members and chapters have a responsibility to raise the profile of the issues faced by our sector. The upcoming federal election, scheduled for September 20, provides a unique opportunity to be heard by those wishing to represent us.
The AFP Canada 2021 Election Toolkit offers tools to raise the profile of the fundraising profession and the nonprofit and charitable sector among candidates. We encourage you to take a few moments to peruse this document. We invite you to consider how you can advocate for our sector and those we serve when you attend a debate in your riding, share posts on social media or speak with a candidate when they knock on our door.
For this election, we are focused on two priorities:
- Establish a home in government for the charitable and nonprofit sector;
- Ensure an equitable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here's how you can make a difference:
- Engage with local candidates when they knock on your door or when you see them at events:
- ask about their experience with charities;
- encourage them to learn more about nonprofits and charities in their communities; and
- ask where they stand on our priorities.
- Attend candidates' debates and ask questions.
- Share responses on social media using the hashtag #fundraisersvote.
Sample Social Media Posts