Call for Nominations for the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada Board
Dear Canadian AFP Member:
- Are you committed to the nonprofit sector?
- Do you have a vision for how fundraising professionals across Canada can help grow philanthropy?
- Can you imagine supporting a profession that is rapidly growing in Canada?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic organization that helps fulfill the promise of philanthropy?
Are you a fundraising professional from a racialized, marginalized, or excluded community that wants a new leadership opportunity? The Foundation is broadening the representation of the Board of Directors and encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, or other racialized communities, people with disabilities, and those with other lived experiences and lived expertise. We are seeking candidates that have demonstrated a commitment to IDEA – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access, a strategic pillar of AFP.
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, then you have the power to influence the direction of AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada in a very concrete way by strengthening the profession. Nominate yourself or another leader to serve on the board of directors of AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada for a term beginning on January 1, 2024 for a two-year term.
As the philanthropic arm of AFP in Canada, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada supports many programs and services through its highly successful Annual Fund, especially the Every Member Campaign, and other fundraising vehicles including Major Gifts, Planned Gifts and Endowments. The Foundation raises funds for Research, IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access), Leadership and Supporting the Profession.
Submit your AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada Nomination Form today!
Please ensure that all nominations are accompanied by a current resume and confirmation of the nominee’s willingness to serve.
The deadline for nominations is August 15, 2023.
The evaluation criteria used includes:
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and/or the community locally and/or nationally; and
- particular leadership, skill or education needs of the foundation at the time candidates are being considered.
- relevant professional certification, education or learning;
- overall knowledge of AFP;
- demonstrated inclusive leadership experience;
- previous and current Financial support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada;
- diversity of geographic location and of chapter size;
- diversity of areas of professional practice;
- demographic diversity
- (e.g., people of different ages, races, religions, sexual orientation, etc.);
- commitment to equity and anti-racism;
- is a current AFP member (or is willing to become a member if appointed to the Foundation Board) in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards); and
- leadership experience serving at the chapter level.
The Committee on Directorship will determine a slate of directors. The slate will be made up of both returning and new board members.
Thank you in advance for your consideration to be part of this open search for diverse, dedicated, and talented leadership for our organization. Please feel free to contact any member of the Committee on Directorship should you have questions. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard.
Jane Potentier, CFRE
Immediate Past Chair &
Chair, Committee on Directorship
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada
Foundation Committee on Directorship:
Imoleayo “Ayo” Adeyeri | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Potentier, CFRE | email@example.com
Vincent Duckworth, CFRE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Fritz, CFRE | Fritzfundraiser@gmail.com
John Wong, CFRE | email@example.com