Proposed 2024 AFP Canada Board of Directors
AFP Canada, formed in 2017, was created to bring a Canadian perspective to AFP’s government relations and communications as well as to focus on priorities such as on Truth and Reconciliation. We represent over 3,000 fundraising professionals working to support causes and missions that help people from coast to coast to coast. We serve as part of the larger AFP Global network—the largest community of professional fundraisers in the world.
Guided by the AFP in Canada Strategic Plan, we focus on government relations and communications. Working in close partnership with 21 local chapters and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada, AFP Canada strives to stimulate a world of generosity through ethical and effective fundraising.
The Nominating Committee of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Canada underwent a lengthy process to identify candidates for the 2024 AFP Canada Board of Directors. We are pleased to bring forward a slate of candidates with a strong interest, diverse lived and learned experience and numerous skills and expertise to advance our profession at the national level. The following criteria was used in the selection process:
- Leadership ability that demonstrates the skills needed to govern a professional association;
- Previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally, nationally and/or internationally;
- Participation in AFP activities as a volunteer; and
- AFP membership standing (membership is required for board service).
Additional consideration was given to the following:
- Relevant professional certification, education or learning;
- Overall knowledge of AFP;
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership experience;
- Financial support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada;
- Ability to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages;
- Diversity of geographic location and of chapter size;
- Diversity of areas of professional practice;
- Demographic diversity (e.g., people of different ages, races, religions, sexual orientation, etc.);
- Other community perspectives needed by AFP at the time candidates were being considered.
As an AFP member from Canada, you are invited to review the proposed slate and endorse or oppose it. The deadline for your response was Friday, November 24 at 5:00 p.m. eastern.
With the endorsement of AFP members from Canada, the slate will be presented to the Association of Fundraising Professionals for approval and appointment of the directors to serve terms starting on January 1, 2024.
The Nominating Committee of AFP Canada was chaired by Ken Mayhew, past chair of the AFP Canada Board. Other members of the committee include Amanda Fritz, CFRE, Rea Ganesh, Jennifer Johnstone, Katherine Pui and John Wong, CFRE.