Candidate Endorsement: AFP Canada 2020 Board of Directors
TO: AFP Members in Canada
FROM: Scott Decksheimer, CFRE, Chair, AFP Canada Committee on Directorship
The Committee on Directorship of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Canada (“AFP Canada”) underwent a lengthy process to identify candidates for the 2020 Board of Directors of AFP Canada. We are pleased to bring forward these candidates and asking you, as an AFP member, for your endorsement of the proposed draft slate before final approval.
The following criteria was used in the selection process:
- Leadership ability which demonstrates the skills needed to govern a professional association;
- Previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally;
- Leadership needs of AFP Canada at the time candidates are being considered;
- Relevant professional certification;
- Geographic location;
- Diversity (all inclusive);
- Type of professional practice;
- Support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada;
- Chapter size and
- Membership current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethical Standards).
Please take a few minutes to review the slate and participate in the process by either endorsing or opposing the slate, or simply abstaining.
With your endorsement, the slate will be presented to the Association of Fundraising Professionals for approval and appointment of the directors to serve a term commencing on January 1 through December 31, 2020.
The deadline for your response is Friday, November 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. eastern time.
The Committee on Directorship of AFP Canada is chaired by Scott Decksheimer, CFRE, past-chair of the AFP Canada Board. Other members of the Committee on Directorship include: Paula Attfield, Ron Bailey, CFRE, Chantal Gélinas, CFRE, and Brad Jacobs.