Complimentary Webcast: Fundraising, Feminism and Disruption—Stories, Conversations and Creating True Change Together
Do you feel it too—the tension in this sector? Nonprofits are engines of social change in our neighbourhoods, cities, countries and our world. Our organizations are measured in human impact, in real (true) social change, and we share this impact through brilliant, emotional and personal storytelling.
So, why do we tolerate systems and leadership that uphold dominant culture power dynamics? How can we confront abuse, bullying and harassment in our workplaces? How can we honour the lived experiences of women in fundraising today and create a framework to build a better tomorrow?
This session will be an open and safe space where we will provide you with information, inspiration and resources that will help you “lean in” to these critical issues in your own way.
- Mimosa Kabir, Manager, Individual Giving - Canadian Institute for Advanced Research
- Beth Ann Locke, Chief Development Officer - BC Women's Hospital + Health Foundation
- Jen Love, Partner - Agents of Good
- Beate SÃ¸rum, Digital Fundraising Consultant - b.bold
- We’ll measure the state of equality in our sector, both here in Canada and globally.
- Together, we’ll unpack privilege and bias, helping you to understand how it works and what you can do about it.
- You’ll learn to explore and grow your emotional intelligence at work and in your life.
- We’ll share stories and expand conversations, and we’ll give you practical tools that you can use today to step into change in your own life, your current workplace, your fundraising network and your career.
This webcast was generously sponsored by ViTreo Group and the generous support of AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada donors.