AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada Board Nominations Process
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada is responsible for generating resources to fund:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Leadership Development
- National Scholarship Program
- Supporting the Profession
The Foundation’s continued success depends on personal commitment and active involvement of all members of the Fundraising board in matters of fundraising and/or governance.
Individuals elected to serve on the board must embrace the responsibility to lead and demonstrate the capacity to support the Foundation’s mission. Foundation board members are expected to be vigorous advocates and enthusiastic and effective communicators, as well as play an integral role in the Foundation’s fundraising, research, education and leadership development initiatives.
As the philanthropic arm of AFP, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada supports many programs and services through its highly successful Annual Fund, especially the Every Member Campaign, and other fundraising vehicles including Major Gifts, Planned Gifts and Endowments.
Board terms are for two years and begin on July 1st. Nominations are open in February-March of each year.
The evaluation criteria used includes:
- demonstrated leadership ability;
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and/or the community locally and/or nationally; and
- particular leadership, skill or education needs of the foundation at the time candidates are being considered.
Additionally, the committee on directorship will consider appointments based on:
- certification (preferred but not required for nominees);
- diversity (all inclusive);
- type of professional practice;
- previous and current support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada;
- chapter size;
- is a current AFP member in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards); and
- leadership experience serving at the chapter level.
The Committee on Directorship will determine a slate of directors. The slate will be made up of both returning and new board members which is presented to the members of the Foundation for approval.
2020 Foundation Committee on Directorship
Roger Ali, CFRE - Chair
Susan Storey, CFRE
Jane Potentier, CFRE
Darcie Acton, CFRE
Daniel Lanteigne, CFRE