The AFP ICON VIRTUAL App is Here!
Joining us for AFP ICON VIRTUAL (March 29-31, 2020) and three days of educational sessions featuring some of the best content and speakers, including Gail Perry, Kishshana Palmer, Laura Fredricks, Sam Laprade, Chef José Andrés and so many more? Then you're going to need the free AFP ICON VIRTUAL App to get the full online experience! (What?! You haven't registered for AFP ICON VIRTUAL yet? That's crazy talk. Learn more and register now!)
The AFP ICON VIRTUAL App is available for your iPhone, iPad, Android or BlackBerry. Simply enter your email and set up your profile, and you are set! Have all the sessions, speakers, exhibitors, and more at your fingertips, and create your own personalized conference experience! Simply search "AFP ICON VIRTUAL" in iTunes and Google Play, or click the image (or link) below to start your free AFP ICON VIRTUAL App experience!
Don't miss the fun—download the app and set up your profile now!
Tech Support: If you can't get the application running on your smartphone, or have any other questions, email the application developer, DoubleDutch, at email@example.com.
Please note: Certain Android users may not see the AFP header logo appear on their devices, while Blackberry and other HTML5 users may find limitations with the photo upload feature.
About the App
AFP ICON VIRTUAL is the official interactive mobile app for the virtual 2020 International Conference on Fundraising , March 29 - March 31, 2020. Prepare to rev up your fundraising game!
The AFP ICON Virtual App Will Enhance Your Experience and Allow You to:
- View schedules, explore sessions, and find social events
- Create your own personal profile and schedule, and view location and speaker information
- View an entire feed of the event activity, including attendee check-ins, photos, and more *
- Check-in to sessions, meetings, keynotes, and exhibitor booths *
- Connect with other attendees and expand your professional network *
How to Use the AFP ICON Virtual App:
After downloading, you will be asked to select an email to access the app. You will then receive an automatic email to the address you entered containing a password for your app account. You can keep this password and use it anytime you need to log back into the app. Or you can select a new password if you'd like by clicking the "Reset Password" button on the the login screen of the app.
Please remember this email and password, as your login is the key to unlocking all the app's personalized and interactive features, including:
- Your Profile - First things first - set up your profile! Upload your picture, tell us a little about yourself, activate your social media information, and you are ready to go! You can access and update your profile and settings (such as allowing private messages from others wanting to connect) at any time simply by clicking your Profile image at the top of the app. This also is where you can see any badges you have earned based on your activities.*
- Live Conference Feed - Keep your finger on the pulse of the conference! The Live Activity Feed—your default homepage—is where you can share and follow what others are doing! Click the "compose" (paper/pen) image at top right in this section to post a message or photo, check in at a session, and share your activities on your social media sites. You can also comment on other attendees' posts and remarks, and stay engaged throughout the event! *
- Who's on the App? - When attendees access the app, they will appear in this section. See who's joining you on the app experience, and send them a private direct message (if activated on both ends) to connect! *
- My Direct Messages - Keep tabs on all your private messages with fellow attendees in one place!
- My Schedule - View the full education and event schedule and information, and quickly set up your personalized calendar simply by adding sessions to your agenda. You can also filter events and sessions by Education Track and Experience Level!
- Speakers & Exhibitors - See speaker pictures and bios, and see what the conference exhibitors have to offer!
- #afpicon Feed - See a comprehensive Twitter feed of all posts using our official event hashtag (#afpicon). *
* Requires Internet connectivity
Games, Contests & Badges (Oh My!)*
The AFP Leaderboard Challenge!
Are you the Leader of the Pack? Get ready—we will once again have The AFP Leaderboard Challenge during AFP ICON VIRTUAL! This is a simple points accumulation game using the features of the app. The more you use it and do things such as posting to the live feed, checking into sessions, adding photos to the stream, commenting on other attendees' posts and check-ins, etc., the more points you earn. Be sure to check the "App Points Leaders" link to see the standings. At the end of the conference, the top 5 points-getters will be entered into a drawing for not just Cool Points, but actual Cool Prizes!
Please Note: The AFP Leaderboard Challenge will officially begin at 9 am EST Friday (March 27) and conclude at 6:00 pm EST Tuesday (March 31)! What does that mean? Simply that while you may (and are encouraged to!) participate and post pictures and comments on the app leading up to (and after) that timeframe, there will be no points awarded for these actions (only initial points for setting up your app profile).
BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE! In addition to the Top 5 points-getters, the AFPeeps and AFP staff will also select 1 additional app user at the end of VIRTUAL to enter into the drawing based solely on the quality of his or her postings and engagement with the app community. Points smoints - if you're good, you're good, and we'll notice! Power to the (more) Peep-le! Each one of these 6 folks in the drawing will wind up with a prize! Again, we will announce the Top 5 points-getters and the 1 Special Power Peep once VIRTUAL closes, with the drawing soon after. Winners will then be notified and announced.
Best of luck, all!
Fun Badges for AFP ICON VIRTUAL!
App users can unlock the following "activity" badges on your phone each time you take basic actions on the app, such as setting up your profile, checking into events and sessions, and posting pictures. The more you do, the more badges you collect!
Check-Ins (Live Activity Feed Posts)
Newbie (1 check-in)
Rookie (3 check-ins)
Explorer (5 check-ins)
Local (10 check-ins)
Wanderer (20 check-ins)
Searcher (30 check-ins)
Scout (40 check-ins)
Voyager (50 check-ins)
Polaroid (1 photo)
Photo Buff (3 photos)
Photographer (5 photos)
Photojournalist (10 photos)
Shutterbug (15 photos)
Paparazzi (20 photos)
Photolog (30 photos)
History Maker (40 photos)
Director (50 photos)
* Requires Internet connectivity