Benefits & Resources
Below are major benefits you'll receive when you join the Association of Fundraising Professionals. Sounds good? Then join AFP and become a part of the world's largest community of charitable fundraisers!
- $100 Professional Development credit for most AFP members, valid on most offerings in our vast suite of online learning opportunities.
- Free access to AFP360° and AAUW Online Negotiation Workshops. AFP has partnered with the American Association of University Women (AAUW) to provide all members a free one-hour online negotiation workshop. In addition, AFP has launched with Korn Ferry the new AFP360°, our free online career builder and management tool!
- AFP's professional advancement programs and courses give every professional, no matter what level of experience they have, the opportunity to enrich their skills and add to their knowledge base. We also offer Blackbaud University to AFP Members for free. Whether you're a new fundraiser or need a refresh of basic fundraising and nonprofit skills, get free guidance with Blackbaud University.
- Plus, free access AFP’s latest research and reports here.
- Got a question for the fundraising community? Open to AFP members only, AFP Connect is your online forum to post, and answer, burning fundraising questions.
- Affinity Group Communities allow you to further connect with fellow fundraisers from similar communities and/or causes served. Join us for impactful conversations.
- AFP’s Code of Ethics is the only enforceable code in the sector. Every member of AFP must sign the code each year and adhere to its standards and practices.
- Members get free access to the AFP Compensation and Benefits Report where you can find bench-marking on fundraisers’ salaries, benefits and other compensation—how does your position and location compare to the national average?
- Members receive a discount to attend the AFP ICON held each spring which brings more than 3,000 fundraising professionals together and offers more than 100 educational sessions.
- To help train you and your staff, members have access to the AFP Online Knowledge Center. You can register for upcoming webinars, Micro-Learning videos, AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising eLearning courses, along with other courses, at a discounted member rate. Many free webinars are available to members, as well.
- Members can also take advantage of educational opportunities at your local chapter level. Local chapters are the heart of AFP networking and mentoring.
- Visit the AFP Career Center and upload your resume to help build and further your career. You can also find or become a mentor.
- Plug in to AFP with social media tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and benefit from the expertise of others in the AFP Connect.
- Innovative ideas can be found in Advancing Philanthropy which is free to AFP members as well as our members only newsletter AFP Daily.
- The AFP Ready Reference series is free in PDF format to members.
- A 20% discount on initial CFRE certification and recertification fees.