Lobbying and Advocacy Tools: How You Can Get Involved
< See also: Get Involved: AFP Volunteer Opportunities
AFP provides a number of lobbying and advocacy tools to help you effectuate positive change in the profession!
- New: AFP Virtual Lobby Week Toolkit (April 26-30, 2021)
AFP is asking all U.S. chapters to meet with at least one member of Congress—either a U.S. Representative or Senator—during the week of April 26 – 30. The toolkit has everything you need, step-by-step, from scheduling a meeting to following up. We also have a Q&A overview document and the toolkit in black and white plain formatting if you’re printing it out. If you’d like to contact other chapters in the state to meet with a U.S. Senator, we can provide contact information—email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fact sheets for the meetings and other documents will be distributed in March! Email email@example.com with any questions.
- How a Bill Becomes A Law
- Writing Letters to Government Officials
- Meeting with Government Officials
- Chapter Advocacy FAQ Document
- Getting Started With Your Chapter Government Relations Programs
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Chapter Government Relations Chair