AFP Webinar: Fundraising for Us, Not Them
One of the primary roles of a fundraiser is to connect community resources to community need. Although we’ve connected the two in some ways, a schism persists when we “other” those in need and glorify the ones who have the resources. The objective of this webinar is to focus on fundraising for the collective community allowing a respectful unification and recognition that we fundraise for us, not them.
Presenter: Michelle T. Edgerton, MA
After more than 15 years of working in various organizations as a professional fundraising, marketing and communications senior executive, Michelle Edgerton founded The Edgerton Group – an innovative, strategic fundraising and organizational development consulting firm. Michelle’s strength is building strong, successful fundraising programs and helping organizations obtain greater clarity and mission alignment through strategic investments. Michelle is also a sought-after speaker and presenter.
She has facilitated tough conversations with fortitude and grace. Michelle is the President of the board of directors for the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) – Minnesota Chapter and is a member of the Global Board of Directors for AFP. Michelle holds a Master of Arts degree in Leadership from Augsburg University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religion from Wake Forest University. Currently, Michelle is pursuing a Master of Divinity degree from Luther Seminary. She and her husband, David Edgerton Jr, have two sons and a daughter.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.