AFP Webinar: Living with More Ikigai
We give in the charitable sector. We give our money, time, and energy, sometimes to the point of feeling absolutely spent. But if we don't take care of ourselves, how can we continue to be change-makers in the world? A Japanese concept called ikigai, or life's purpose, may hold some of the answers. In this session, we will explore how to define your life vision, assess where you are now, develop an action plan that allows you to move more toward ikigai, and prioritize yourself in your already busy life.
The session will be in three parts: 1) defining ikigai, 2) defining your vision and assessing yourself now, and 3) creating a plan of action to move toward ikigai.
Presenter: Alice Ferris, MBA, CFRE, ACFRE
Alice L. Ferris, MBA, CFRE, ACFRE is the founder of GoalBusters, providing hands-on, comprehensive fundraising leadership for small to medium-sized philanthropic organizations. The GoalBusters team offers services in development and campaign assessment, strategic planning, campaign direction, board and team training, grant writing, and specialty services for public and community media. For the last 30 years, Alice has worked extensively in fundraising for public media, rural healthcare, education, and science organizations, among others. Alice thrives in finding creative solutions for the fundraising challenges of small organizations, as well as teaching and training about practical and realistic tactics. Alice is in the trenches for several organizations, serving, as counsel, as Director of Development for KAWC Colorado River Public Media in Yuma, Arizona, and Administrative Director for KGHR Navajo Public Radio. For her volunteer life, Alice serves on the Association of Fundraising Professionals Northern Arizona Chapter board, and on the advisory boards for the Bolz Center for Arts Administration Advisory Board at the Wisconsin School of Business and the University of Wisconsin Communication Arts Department. She is a three-time honoree as AFP-Northern Arizona Fundraising Professional of the Year, earned her CFRE in 1999 and her ACFRE in 2010. Alice is an experienced international speaker and AFP master trainer.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.