AFP Webinar: From Surviving to Thriving: Leading through a Crisis
The pandemic threatened the success and sustainability of many nonprofits in 2020. Decisiveness, experimentation, pivoting and revising strategies all became critical leadership skills. In this webinar we’ll talk to three leaders in the non-profit world about how to not just survive but to thrive regardless of what comes your way.
In this webinar participants will learn:
- How to create a plan and put systems in place to minimize the short to long-term effects of a crisis.
- How to be nimble in making decisions and setting priorities for your organization.
- How to evaluate and reform the old "normal" workplace systems and paradigms for today's demography in the workforce.
- How to turn the crisis into an opportunity and not just survive but thrive.
IN ADDITION TO CFRE CREDIT THIS WEBINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR 1 ACFRE CE CREDIT IN MANAGEMENT OR LEADERSHIP.
Presenters: Birgit Smith Burton, Kim Churches, CFRE and Mike Geiger, MBA, CPA
Birgit Smith Burton is the Executive Director of Foundation Relations for the Georgia Institute of Technology. She is a respected leader in the fundraising profession and a well-regarded speaker on the topics of fundraising and diversity. She has authored articles on diversity in the fundraising profession and co-authored several books including, The Philanthropic Covenant with Black America and Collecting Courage.
Birgit serves on the global board of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and recently was voted chair-elect. She founded AADO, the African American Development Officers Network, which for 23 years has provided professional development, education, employment support, mentorship, and networking opportunities for fundraisers of color.
Birgit earned a bachelor's degree in media communications from Medaille College in Buffalo, New York.
Kimberly Churches’ experience spans senior executive and fundraising roles. She is currently the chief executive officer of the American Association of University Women and was formerly managing director and vice president of institutional advancement and external relations at The Brookings Institution. At Brookings, she strategically guided what is considered the most influential think tank in the world while also directing a $650M campaign. Kimberly earned her B.A. at Florida State University and the CFRE credential in 2002.
Mike Geiger, MBA, CPA, is President and Chief Executive Officer of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), representing individuals and organizations that raise more than $115 billion in charitable contributions every year for countless causes around the world.
Mike has over 25 years of leadership experience in the nonprofit sector and was recently ranked as #15 in Onalytics’s list of Top 100 Charity Social Media Influencers. Prior to accepting the President & CEO role for AFP, he served as executive director of the Chief Executives Organization, Inc., an international membership organization with a focus on education. He has previously served in senior executive positions for the German Marshall Fund of the United States, and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
Mike sits on the board and is chair of the Finance and Investment Committee of the Romanian American Foundation, created by a 1995 act of the United States Congress, which promotes a democratic society to ensure access to opportunities for all segments of the Romanian population.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.