Nominations Now Open for Class of 2023 AFP Distinguished Fellows
The Distinguished Fellows Program recognizes individuals who have made significant leadership contributions to philanthropy and the fundraising profession, and who continue to advance ethical and effective fundraising through their volunteer and advisory work. The designation represents the pinnacle of service to AFP and the profession, and to the tenets of giving, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
AFP membership exceeds 27,000 individual members and over 1,500 non-profit organizational members. To better serve the needs of members and the global fundraising community, AFP developed the Fellows recognition program to highlight the experience and knowledge of its senior leaders. The program utilizes their expertise to support our members and chapters as speakers and/or mentors.
The selection committee is chaired by the Immediate Past Chair of the AFP Global Board. The committee is composed of the Immediate Past Chairs from the Boards of the AFP Foundations for Philanthropy - U.S. and Canada, and AFP Canada; and the AFP Nominating Committee Alternates.
We are now accepting nominations for the 2023 class of Distinguished Fellows to be recognized at ICON 2023. The deadline for submission of completed nominations has been extended to October 14, 2022.
Fellows will receive either the designation of “FAFP” or “HonFAFP”. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- AFP Global members currently serving on the Boards of AFP, Foundations for Philanthropy - U.S. or Canada, and/or AFP Canada are ineligible to apply.
- AFP members must have ten or more years in the profession.
- Nonmembers must have ten or more years in leadership.
- A nomination may be submitted annually. If not accepted, your nomination may be resubmitted a maximum of three (3) times.
The nomination form may be found by using this link.
- Nominator’s and nominee’s name
- Letter of Recommendation (not from Nominator)
- Information on the nominee including:
- Professional recognition
- Employment history
- Publications and speaking history
- Professional association membership years, honors and activity
- 1000-word narrative (maximum)
- Concise and accurate description of the contributions of the nominee describing why he/she/they should be elected
- Collection of data on areas of expertise for future engagement
Should you have any questions about the program or the form, please reach out to Sam Edwards, Special Projects Manager, at email@example.com.