AFP’s Initiative to Raise Awareness Surrounding Mental Health and Wellness
AFP recognizes the importance of self-care and mental health and how they impact our careers, relationships with ourselves and others, and our everyday lives.
One in four people around the world will be affected by mental disorders, and roughly 450 million people currently suffer from such conditions—including those in the charitable sector.
We’re committed to ending the stigma surrounding mental health. That’s why we’re launching AFP Supports… Our goal is to raise awareness and provide you with the resources needed to learn about and address a critical subject that impacts so many.
There are many issues related to mental health and self-care, and we are just getting started with AFP Supports…
We are excited to announce an online mental health conference in May, and more details will be available in April. We will also continue to update our Resource List as materials become available.
- President’s Perspective Blog:
- AFP Mental Health and Wellness Webinars:
- Advancing Philanthropy Articles:
- Research and Reports:
- Other Resources and Guides:
- Alyson Stoffer: Mental Health Awareness Month
- Q&A with Ian Adair: Leading with Empathy, Gratitude, and Action
- Connecting the Dots on Sexual Misconduct in the Philanthropic Sector
- Sexual misconduct, especially as it relates to mental wellbeing, is integral to address. For more information surrounding sexual harassment, issues women face in the nonprofit sector and how we’re addressing the matter, visit our Women’s Impact Initiative page.
Here is what we have coming up to address the topic:
- Self-Care and Mental Health Awareness Virtual Conference
- A virtual conference tailored to mental health, wellness and self-care – Coming Spring/Summer 2020