AFP Calgary & Area Chapter: AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course
September 17 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
September 18 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
September 24 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
September 25 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Zoom access details will be sent separately, following registration and payment.
The AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising course is an introductory course providing a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The course content covers the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, with emphasis on responsibilities you are likely to encounter at the beginning of your career.
The course is taught in an active learning style and includes case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
What will I learn?
This course will introduce fundraisers to the fundamental concepts and techniques involving:
– Overview of Fundraising
– Developing an Integrated Fundraising Program
– Building and Sustaining Relationships
– Marketing for Ongoing Success
– Securing the Gift
– Volunteers Partners in Fundraising
– Management and Accountability
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the essential components of an integrated development plan.
- Explain the elements of a marketing and communications plan that shares the organization’s message, informs constituents, and engages donors.
- Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
- Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
- Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
- Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
The course is worth 16 CFRE continuing education credits (confirmation pending)