AFP-NJ Chapter: Accepting Cryptocurrency: Using the Blockchain for Good
Thursday, June 9, 2022
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Pines Manor - Edison, New Jersey
Accepting Cryptocurrency: Using the Blockchain for Good
Only a few hundred nonprofits, estimates say, are set up to accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital assets. Yet cryptocurrency is the fastest-growing donation method, thanks to its tax efficiency and rapidly growing user base. The Giving Block reported a total crypto donation volume of more than $70 million in 2021, an increase of 1,558% from 2020.
Now is the time for your organization to decide whether, and how, they’ll start accepting such donations. This panel will explore how and why nonprofits can tap into one of the fastest growing donor demographics and start accepting gifts of digital assets.
* An understanding of the fast-growing impact of crypto-philanthropy.
* The benefits of accepting cryptocurrency and how to determine if this type of philanthropy is right for your organizations.
* How to prepare your organization to begin accepting crypto and digital assets.
* Best practices to maximize efforts in working with donors who are interested in crypto-philanthropy.
* Non-profit leaders investigating if accepting cryptocurrency is right for their organization.
* Fundraisers seeking a greater understanding of cryptocurrency and digital assets
Join us for in-person networking with fellow fundraising professionals in a relaxed, interactive session, while gaining insights on cryptocurrency from our expert panel.
Lori E. Richmond
AFP Members: $60
A group discount is available for our in-person June 9, 2022 Whitley Lecture at Pines Manor in Edison, New Jersey. If you have 5 or more people registering from the same organization everyone in your organization will pay the $60 AFP member rate.
Click to learn more: https://bit.ly/3FPW3Yg