Overview: AFP’s Chapter National Philanthropy Day® (NPD) Awards Online Nomination Process
Thank you for your interest in participating in AFP's NPD Awards Online Nomination Process. Here at AFP Global, we have been asked to provide assistance and support for the NPD nomination process, both in simplifying and streamlining the steps, and improving the overall branding and uniformity of these efforts across the AFP community. The result is this new NPD Online Nomination Process.
Ready to set up your chapter's NPD Online Nomination forms?
Click here to start the process!
Already have an NPD Form account? Click here!
The NPD Online Nomination Process will allow chapters to set up, personalize, and administer a fully online submission process, complete with access to a dedicated administration console where all the individual chapter's nomination forms and materials can be accessed.
How Does This Process Work?
The AFP Chapter NPD Awards Online Nomination Process is our way of making your work easier: We provide the form templates, messages, and administration system—all you need to do is fill in the relevant information for your chapter, hit submit, and your chapter's nomination process is ready to go!
To begin, you will need to complete the NPD Online Nominations Process—Chapter Registration Form. This is a form that tells us you are interested in using AFP’s forms and templates, and asks only for your contact information as well as a username and password for your administration access.
- If you have already registered for and used the NPD Awards Online Nomination Process, please do not register again. You can simply log into your previous year's administration area and update the information for the current year. Login here. You can also recover your password here.
- Can't remember your username or are not sure if you used the form process in the past? Please contact AFP at email@example.com and we can assist!
- All you will need to do is create the basic content around your award process and the questions for each award category.
- You do not have to create questions asking for basic information about the nominee and nominator - the program will automatically create a form page with fields asking for the nominee/nominator names and contact information when you are done.
Once you submit this form, you will receive an email confirmation letter. This letter spells out the steps you will next need to take to set up your chapter's NPD nominations process, and includes a link to your chapter's NPD nominations administration site, a confirmation of your username and password, and your official NPD Online Nomination Form URL address. Please save this email for future reference!
To set up your NPD Online Nomination Form, please follow these steps:
(1) First set up the Form Content Manager: Select an End Date for your form (if you want), enter your form's Introductory text, Confirmation Page text, and Confirmation Email text.
(2) Next, set up the Category Manager: Enter each award category/name, then the question(s) you would like to ask for each category. Make sure to select “On” if you want an award category (and questions) to display, and also if you want to allow file uploads for a category. If there is a word limit or point system associated with each answer, be sure to note it in the question.
(3) Next, go to Upload Chapter Logo to do that.
(4) Go the the Chapter Profile section to get your form URL address and review how your NPD Online Nomination Form will look. This is also where you can turn your form on or off. In addition, you can update your profile information here.
(5) You can now share your Nomination Form URL address with your audience! Please note: Yes, you will still be able to edit and update your NPD nomination form ay any time. Just log in to do that.
(6) When your NPD nomination period is over (and if you have not selected an automatic End Date), go to your Administration site and the Chapter Profile section and switch into "Off" mode - this will remove your Nomination Form and replace it with a message letting visitors know the nominations period is done.