AFP Faculty Training Academy
This 2-day course is AFP's "train the trainer" program that helps ensure quality in education by providing formal training for prospective faculty and instructors of AFP's professional development programs.
Participants receive comprehensive, hands-on training in adult education principles, learning styles, classroom management, assessment, and other related topics.
FTA graduates who remain AFP members and continue to serve as instructors for AFP’s courses are maintained on the AFP Master Trainer List. AFP Chapters and AFP partner organizations are encouraged to recruit faculty for their classes from this list as they are able.
Learning objectives include:
- Apply adult learning concepts to make training programs more engaging and participatory.
- Conduct effective and interesting presentations that engage, challenge, and invigorate learners.
- Use innovative training techniques to create course-specific games, simulations, exercises, case studies, role plays, ice breakers, and energizers.
- Handle difficult trainee behavior and manage the classroom environment.
- Develop lesson plans.
- Effectively use visual aids to supplement and reinforce training programs.
The course is worth 15 CFRE continuing education credits.
Course eligibility requirements & expectations – Participants must:
- Possess extensive experience in the nonprofit sector and thorough knowledge of the fundraising profession.
- Regularly participate in continuing education in fundraising, with a minimum of 45 contact hours within the previous three years.
- Maintain current AFP membership.
- Maintenance of CFRE credential is helpful but not absolutely necessary.
Course graduates are asked to serve as faculty for a minimum of three AFP courses for the 2-year period after graduation. Of course AFP welcomes any additional commitment. These AFP courses include AFP's Fundamentals in Fundraising, CFRE Refresher, and Donor Retention courses, on behalf of AFP IHQ and AFP chapters.
Graduates who remain AFP members and continue to serve as faculty for AFP courses are maintained on the AFP Master Trainer List. AFP encourages its chapters and partner organizations to recruit faculty for their classes from this list.
** See below for upcoming classes & registration. **
- 2-day course. Hours 8:00am - 5:00pm each day.
- Travel arrangements and expenses are responsibility of participants.
Course Instructor: Dr. B.J. Bischoff.
- AFP members: US $799
- Non-members: Not eligible
Payment plan is available. See the registration page for details. Cancellation and refund policy noted on registration page.
Upcoming Classes & Registration:
Upcoming class: July 25-26, 2019 at AFP IHQ in Arlington, Virginia. Registration deadline July 11, 2019.
Register Now: http://www.cvent.com/d/6bqxjh/1Q
For full details and registration for any upcoming class, see the "Upcoming Events" section below.
For classes held at AFP IHQ: The AFP IHQ address is 4300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203, just outside of Washington, DC. The nearest airport is Reagan National Airport (DCA).
Additional Faculty Training Resources
The webinar recordings linked below provide additional perspective for teaching AFP courses. Please note, these webinars are *not* a substitute for full participation in AFP Faculty Training Academy.