AFP Webinar: Embracing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access in Your Organization and on Your Board
Creating high-performing nonprofit organizations requires attracting the right mix of individuals with diverse perspectives, skills, and backgrounds and creating an environment where everyone can fully engage in advancing the mission. Events over the past several months have elevated IDEA, particularly for the nonprofit section. As a result, nonprofit leaders, staff, and boards are prioritizing strengthening and aligning their business case for IDEA. This interactive workshop will explore how to develop shared understanding, address the elephants in the room, and take concrete steps to catalyze change and commitment to IDEA.
- Build momentum for action
- Identify levers for change within your organization or organizations with which you work
IN ADDITION TO CFRE CREDIT THIS WEBINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR 1 ACFRE CE CREDIT IN MANAGEMENT OR LEADERSHIP.
Presenter: Vernetta Walker, J.D.
Vernetta Walker, J.D., is president and CEO of Walker & Associates Consulting, Inc. For over a decade, Vernetta served on staff with BoardSource, the leading organization on nonprofit governance best practices, as chief governance officer, vice president of programs, and senior advisor on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). She successfully curated content for their national conference that engaged over 1000 attendees in learning circles focused on inclusion and equity. More recently, Vernetta co-designed and is leading a racial equity cohort pilot program, for the Meyer Foundation, that includes DEI assessments, training, coaching, and development of short and long term equity strategy plans. Additionally, in response to the recent racial justice movement, Vernetta co-led a webinar series for The Nonprofit Quarterly that “sold out,” with over 3,000 registrants.
Prior to founding Walker and Associates and working for BoardSource, Vernetta served as associate general counsel for the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations, foundation advocacy counsel for the Alliance for Justice, and director of the Administration of Justice Grants for the Florida Bar Foundation. She also practiced law for several years in Orlando, Florida. Vernetta is an adjunct lecturer at Columbia University for the nonprofit management program, a faculty member for NeighborWorks America, and a certified cultural transformation consultant with the Barrett Values Centre.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.