AFP Webinar: Mega-Fundraising with Volunteers
Imagine yourself sitting in the sunlight. Your work for the day is done. Your volunteers are working on your event logistics for you. More volunteers are making sure that those thank you notes are printed, and they are entering donations into your database too. One of your volunteers comes around with some fresh baked cookies for you. You smile, take one, and get up to leave, promptly, at 5pm.
Wouldn’t you like to have a volunteer fundraising team like this? Are you fundraising professional as well as volunteer manager? Philanthropy 400 Report from Chronicle of Philanthropy states Young Adults are the Key to Fundraising. Volunteers give 10x more money than those who don’t volunteer. Volunteer retention increases with age HOWEVER 1 in 3 volunteers do not volunteer the next year. You can change this. You can find and retain fundraising volunteers.
Who should take this webinar? If you wear many hats, if you need help, if you’ve got too many fundraising tasks, you should take this webinar.
In this webinar you will learn:
1. What are 5 fabulous sources of volunteers?
2. How to create a compelling volunteer job description that gets results?
3. How to identify which volunteers will help you fundraise?
4. What are example tasks that volunteers can perform?
5. How can you turn your board into fundraising superheroes?
6. What are the different kinds of volunteers and how can you reach them?
7. How do you deal with volunteer motivation when volunteers slack off?
8. How to get past the objection, “I don’t want to fundraise”?
9. How can you use volunteers for a successful phone-a-thon?
10. How can you retain volunteers?
Presenter: Mazarine Treyz
Mazarine Treyz helps nonprofits grow better leaders. She is the author of The Wild Women’s Guide to Fundraising and CEO of Wild Women Fundraising, a national fundraising training company. Her organization runs two virtual conference per year, one on nonprofit leadership and one on fundraising careers. In addition, she trains people with webinars, in-person workshops and 10+ e-courses.
Her website is a popular resource with 50,000 monthly readers. Ms. Treyz has co-founded a nonprofit and worked in increasingly responsible fundraising roles for 10 years. She specializes in nonprofit leadership, fundraising careers, writing fundraising plans, direct mail, e-newsletters, and copy for online fundraising.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.