AFP Webinar: Time, Talent and Treasure: Using Giving Circles in Fundraising
Learn what giving circles are, how they function and how you can connect with them as a fundraiser. Special focus will be given on how to do research on demographic-driven giving circles.
Presenter: Tracey Webb
Tracey Webb is the founder of Black Benefactors, a giving circle based in Washington, DC that provides funding and in-kind support to Black-led nonprofit organizations. Webb has been hailed as the first online chronicler of Black philanthropy as the creator of BlackGivesBack.com, a pioneering blog that highlighted stories of Black giving from 2007-2015. She also serves as an architect for Black Philanthropy Month that is observed every August. Webb has been featured in national media such as NPR and Ebony magazine, and is the recipient of several honors and awards that include the inaugural Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) Living Legacy Award, and the 2014 Trailblazer Award from the Association of Black Foundation Executives. She possesses expertise in giving circles, nonprofit management and communication, data collection and program evaluation; and grantmaking in federal and state governments.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.