AFP Diverse Communities Scholarship Program Overview & Criteria
November 12, 2021
Advancing Diversity by Establishing a Diverse Profession
A Joint Strategic Initiative of AFP and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
- Make an online secure gift to the Diversity Scholarship Campaign.
- To submit your Diverse Communities Scholarship Application Click Here
- To Access a PDF of the Application Click Here
- To Access the Application Budget Template Click Here
As a community of inclusion, the Association of Fundraising Professionals seeks, embraces, and engages diverse individuals, groups, and organizations with a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, thoughts and cultures within the fundraising profession. Through this strategic initiative, AFP is committed to activities that increase awareness of diversity issues. As part of this commitment, AFP Global and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy have created a diversity scholarship program to provide financial assistance for the professional development of fundraisers who are themselves members of one or more diverse communities, or are employed by grassroots organizations that primarily serve diverse populations.
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy invites all AFP members to support diversity within the fundraising profession through the Diversity Scholarship Campaign. Contributions to this campaign will fund scholarships to support registration and travel costs to attend the annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising.
2022 Scholarship Process - Deadline December 1, 2021
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy is pleased to once again offer the Diverse Communities Scholarship program for members of diverse communities to attend AFP ICON in Las Vegas, NV, May 2 - 4, 2022.
The application process will be open from October 13 - December 1, 2021. AFP is pleased to offer full conference registration fee plus some travel expenses for diverse communities scholarship recipients. THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the diversity scholarship campaign for your generosity and for helping to ensure the success of this program. Deadline for application submission is December 1, 2021. Selected candidates will be notified by email in late December 2021/early January 2022.
Should you have questions about the AFP Diversity Scholarships Campaign, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Diverse Communities Scholarship
- Fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible diverse community (Black/African American, Indigenous, Hispanic, Asian, People with Disabilities, Faith-based, LGBTQ, Jewish, Rural, or another underrepresented community.)
- Fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed at an organization where 50% or more staff members are from a diverse community.
- Work for a nonprofit organization that serves a 50% or more eligible AFP diverse community client base.
- Employed as a full-time fundraising professional or spend at least fifty percent of time fundraising for employer.
- Never attended an NSFRE/AFP International Conference on Fundraising (ICON).
- Understand that this may be a partial scholarship (conference fees and some travel support only) and that scholar may be required to find additional funds needed to attend this conference (such as travel expenses).
- Understand that their name as the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholar may be listed/promoted in AFP communications.
- Understand that if selected as a 2022 Diverse Communities Scholarship winner, that scholar will attend all required sessions at AFP ICON and complete an evaluation.
Should you have questions about the AFP Diverse Communities Scholarship, please contact Kelley Brown at email@example.com