AFP LGBTQ+ Fundraising
The LGBTQ+ community of fundraisers and donors is vibrant and growing! AFP offers LGBTQ+ identifying fundraisers networking opportunities, career resources, as well as critical research on the issues that LGBTQ+ fundraisers face.
Fundraisers of all identities can also take advantage of tools to help them effectively and authentically engage with LGBTQ+ donors, for more inclusive outreach and stewardship.
Find connections to the AFP LGBTQ+ Affinity Group and other community organizations.
- AFP LGBTQ+ Affinity Group: AFP's LGBTQ+ Affinity Group is a safe space for LGBTQ+ fundraisers and allies to meet one another, share advice, and discuss their experiences in the profession. Affinity groups typically meet once a quarter via Zoom, as well as in-person at AFP events, such as AFP ICON.
- LGBTQ+ Online Community Resources:
LGBTQ+ Fundraising Tools
- LGBTQ+ Articles/Resources - Find a variety of LGBTQ+-related articles, newsletters, essays, reports, surveys, and resources (books, organizations, educational opportunities, affinities, conferences, and more.
- LGBTQ+ Funders - Find information/links for LGBTQ+ foundations, LGBTQ+-friendly corporate funders, LGBTQ+ scholarship opportunities, and LGBTQ+-specific funding related websites and resources.
About AFP Affinity Groups
One of the benefits of being a member of AFP is the ability to join Affinity Groups based on your interests and identity. Affinity Groups meet quarterly via Zoom, as well as in-person at AFP events such as AFP ICON. Current AFP Affinity Groups include:
- Arts & Culture Affinity
- Asian, Pacific Islander Affinity
- Black/African American Affinity
- Disability Affinity
- Education Affinity
- Faith-Based Affinity
- Health Affinity
- Latinx Affinity
- LGBTQ+ Affinity
- Working Moms Affinity
For more information and resources about diversity at AFP, click here.