Course Hosting & Licensing
The AFP course hosting program includes these programs:
- AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising -- This introductory, 2-day course provides a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The course content covers the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, with emphasis on responsibilities you are likely to encounter at the beginning of your career.
- AFP CFRE Refresher -- This 1-day or 2-day course uses case studies to provide a “refresher” of the six fundraising knowledge domains and the core principles and concepts that all experienced fundraising professionals should know.
- AFP Donor Retention -- Did you know that most nonprofits lose nearly as many donors as they gain each year? This 1-day course will help you stop the churn! It focuses on developing a donor retention plan based on research into what really works. Learn to track overall gains and losses in donors and gifts and use that information to develop better cultivation and retention strategies.
- AFP webinars -- AFP's webinar series—26 new ones every year—brings leading fundraising experts and thought leaders straight to your desktop or mobile device … or to the big screen for group viewing!
How to Host a Course
- Download the host toolkit (see links below).
- Read through the host toolkit and take action as recommended. Allow plenty of time for promotion of the class, as well as recruitment and preparation of qualified faculty.
- Complete and sign the Host Agreement Form found in the host toolkit. Scan and email the completed form to AFP hosting program coordinator John Hendrickson at AFP IHQ (email email@example.com) or ProfessionalDevelopment@afpglobal.org.
- Mail the deposit payment to: Course Hosting, c/o John Hendrickson, Professional Development Department, Association of Fundraising Professionals, 4300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203.
- AFP hosting program coordinator John Hendrickson will contact the designated Site Coordinator with additional details and assistance in getting the process underway.
Course Hosting Resources
- Host Toolkit for AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising
- Host Toolkit for AFP CFRE Refresher
- Host Toolkit for AFP Donor Retention
- Schedule of Upcoming Courses Hosted by AFP Chapters and Organizations
Course Teaching Resources
AFP highly recommends that course faculty watch the facilitator training webinar for the course they will teach*:
- Train the Trainer: AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Webinar
- AFP CFRE Refresher Course Facilitation Process Webinar
- AFP Donor Retention Facilitator Webinar
(*Please note, these webinars are *not* a substitute for full participation in AFP Faculty Training Academy, AFP’s formal “train the trainer” program.)
How to Host a Webinar
- Secure space, equipment (computer, projector, speakers), and an Internet connection for your group’s webinar viewing.
- Purchase the webinar your group will watch--or purchase bundles of 10 or 26 for binge watching!
- AFP chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location. Non-member groups pay $179.
- AFP chapter bundles of 10 or 26 are available at discounted rates. Visit https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles for details.
- Non-member groups, please contact AFP for bundle pricing: 703-519-8494.