AFP Donor Retention – A Self-Assessment Workshop: Saskatoon, SK
The AFP Donor Retention: A Self-Assessment Workshop in its new 8-hour format will be offered in Saskatoon. The workshop is based on data collected via the Fundraising Effectiveness Project. The annual FEP survey indicates that nonprofits are losing nearly as many donors and gifts as they gain each year - is this true of your organization?
The 8-hour workshop includes small group work on a fictional case study based on real data, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable. The focus of this workshop is on developing a donor retention plan based on what research indicates really works. It shows the value of tracking overall gains and losses in gifts and donors – and then using that information to develop cultivation strategies to improve donor retention. Full participation in the AFP Donor Retention: A Self-Assessment Workshop is applicable for 8.0 points of CFRE Credit in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Following the AFP Donor Retention: A Self-Assessment Workshop participants will be better able to:
- Identify effective practices to retain and upgrade your donors to improve fundraising effectiveness
- Prepare a donor retention plan for your organization
- Use data from growth-in-giving reports to develop growth-related fundraising strategies
Topics covered include:
- Why organizations lose donors and money
- How keeping donors increases fundraising success
- Determining the effectiveness of fundraising efforts
- Developing a successful donor retention plan
- A tool you can use even if you don’t have access to donor software
The workshop curriculum is presented through lecture, a fictional case study based on real data, and the encouragement of participant dialogue.
Attendees to this workshop have the option to select a half-day session as an add-on. in this half-day session, we will focus on practical work on the attending charities actual data and real-world scenarios.
Day one is 8:00 am to 5:30 pm (Lunch and snacks will be provided and course materials)
Day two is 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (Coffee and snack is provided)