AFP OH, Greater Cincinnati Chapter Event: N&K Building an Effective and Diverse Board of Trustees
It’s common knowledge that diversity – a variety of backgrounds, points of view, and areas of expertise – will improve a board’s ability to solve complex issues and understand the community’s needs from your organization. But how do you attract fresh faces and new thinkers to your board? Join AFP’s Networking & Knowledge series for insight on building a volunteer board that truly represents the community you serve. Hear from organizations that have been successful in increasing diversity among board leadership through intentional recruiting, community engagement, and reach into underserved areas.
Date: Wednesday, Feb 1, 2023
- 8:30AM – 9:00AM Check-in, Networking, and Breakfast
- 9:00AM – 9:10AM Announcements
- 9:10AM – 9:30AM Ethics Moment
- 9:30AM – 10:15AM Program
- 10:15AM – 10:30AM Q&A
Location: United Way of Greater Cincinnati | 2400 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45202
*United Way has a free surface lot for attendees.
- Mary McFadden Lawson, CAP® Chief Philanthropy Officer, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Harold Brown, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Elisa Hoffman, Founder and Executive Director, School Board School
- Kat Steiner, CFRE, Interim Chief Impact Officer, YWCA
- AFP Members & Students (with valid student ID) – FREE
- Non-Members – $25.00
This event has been approved for 1.5 CFRE Credits.