Volunteer at AFP ICON
< See also: Get Involved: AFP Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers play an essential role in making AFP ICON a success!
With over 90+ speakers, one of the biggest volunteer opportunities available at ICON is the role of Speaker Host. As a Speaker Host you represent AFP and its membership to our speakers and attendees and help ensure a great experience for all.
- Monitor the room during the educational session
- Confirm that session signage corresponds with the assigned session room
- Mitigate overcrowding of the session room
- Take session attendance head count
- Lead (standing and late arriving) attendees to open seating
- Badge Scanning
- Welcome Speaker(s)
- Introduce Speaker(s)
- Other tasks as assigned
If you are interested in volunteering to serve as a Speaker Host, please sign up to volunteer when you complete your ICON registration - there will be a checkbox for you during the registration process where you can indicate your willingness to volunteer.
You can also let us know at any time in writing to customer service at least 14 calendar days prior to the event.
We appreciate your help!