AFP Webinar: Adapting Your Development Plan to the New Normal
It's time to chuck our typical annual plan strategies and shift to a new way of thinking. In these unprecedented times, nothing is the same. We all must adapt to a new normal at home and work. Nonprofit fundraisers should adjust the way they plan to engage stakeholders to increase revenue, add new volunteers and tell compelling stories that focus on mission and impact.
In this session we will discuss annual giving best practices post pandemic. This includes incredible stewardship and online and digital fundraising. We will develop a 12-month, donor-focused, comprehensive annual giving campaign with strategies for year-end giving.
Participants will learn how to:
- Develop a crisis impact assessment and identify the key metric driving your fundraising efforts.
- Rewrite and create compelling stories that focus on mission.
- Create doable online fundraising activities and events.
- Illustrate how to invest in authentic stewardship.
- Emply year-end strategies to recoup losses.
- Identify roles and responsibilities across staff, board and volunteers.
Presenter: Christal Cherry, MA
Christal M. Cherry is a nationally recognized nonprofit executive and professionally trained fundraiser. With over 20 years in the nonprofit sector, she has supported higher education institutions, human services organizations, and faith-based missions. Now as CEO of The Board Pro, a consulting firm designed to transform leaders through board service, she customizes training and support for the unique needs of each client.
She currently serves on the board of the Greater Atlanta chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Villages of Carver YMCA. She is on faculty at CANDID and a guest presenter with Bloomerang where she teaches courses and leads webinars in fundraising and board development. She also enjoys a membership in the African American Development Officers Network, Toastmasters, and F3, Fabulous Female Fundraisers which she founded.
Christal earned a MA in Counseling from Hampton University, a BA in Liberal Arts from Hofstra University, and multiple professional development certifications.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.