AFP Webinar: Jump Start Your Volunteer Program and Improve Your Fundraising
In this session, we will share strategies to start and improve your use of volunteers in your fundraising operations. For many of us fundraisers, managing volunteers can sometimes feel like more of a burden than a blessing. It can be difficult to recruit, train, manage, and engage volunteers. You trained to be a fundraiser, not a volunteer manager. In periods of crisis and chaos, volunteer management and engagement can quickly fall by the wayside. This session is designed precisely for you to start or restart your volunteer program in a way that advances your fundraising goals, reduces the burdens on you and your team, and brings new and diverse talent to your organization. You'll come away energized with an actual plan to feel comfortable and confident in leveraging volunteers to have immediate mission impact.
- How to recruit, train, manage, and steward donors even during a crisis. We'll specifically address virtual volunteers and remote management. Even after the current crisis subsides, these strategies will continue to help you in the future.
- How to enable and empower volunteers to help you with your most time-consuming and financially rewarding tasks and in a way that is rewarding and meaningful for the volunteer themselves.
- Create a plan, resource budget, and timeline for implementing your volunteer program and convincing your leadership to make investments in volunteer activities.
(THIS WEBINAR IS WORTH 1 CFRE CE CREDIT)
Presenter: Cherian Koshy, CFRE
Cherian Koshy, Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) & AFP Master Trainer is an internationally recognized expert in philanthropy and the nonprofit sector. He is the Director of Development at Des Moines Performing Arts and works with hundreds of nonprofits each year to help them solve their most intractable problems. His sustainable models have taken a struggling organization from five to seven-figure revenues in less than five years. He was appointed by the Governor to the Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service where he currently is the vice-chair. His industry-leading thought leadership has been featured in Advancing Philanthropy, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, the Institute of Fundraising (UK), and dozens of blogs, webinars, and podcasts. With 20+ years of experience, he is one of the most sought-after trainers and speakers in the nonprofit sector. As a coach and consultant, he helps struggling nonprofit leaders find strategies that give them back time and develop sustainable revenue.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.