Engaging Young Professionals: Questions & Answers
How Can You Overcome Any Cost Barriers for Young Professionals?
- Offer education scholarships and membership grants
- YPs can’t afford membership without a scholarship
- Encourage young professionals to engage with their employers and to share the new Case for Support to show the benefit of membership.
- Encouraging to not spread themselves too thin and be very impactful in specific Chapter leadership areas.
What are Chapters Doing to Engage Young Professionals?
- Hold a membership mixer fair to showcase committee work and recruit young professional involvement.
- Include a hosted table for young professionals and every lunch.
- 1:1 outreach
- Offer membership scholarships.
- Mentoring collegiate members to create a board pipeline
- Engage past presidents to mentor the emerging leaders.
- Local mentor program
- Recruit emerging leaders to join the board.
- Include a job description for Young Professional Committee.
- Create an inclusive environment.