Resources for Chapter Scholarship Chairs
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES OF THE SCHOLARSHIP CHAIR
- Sample Job Description - coming soon
The AFP Foundation offers every AFP chapter in accord for 2022 one Chamberlain Scholarship, which covers the recipient’s conference registration to AFP ICON 2023 in New Orleans. The scholarship is available to individuals who have never attended an AFP international conference. Chapters are encouraged to promote the Chamberlain Scholarship program locally.
The mission of the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholarship Fund is to help ensure that AFP programs are inclusive and supportive of diversity-related issues and concerns, to provide financial support for activities that increase understanding and awareness of diversity issues within AFP, and to provide financial assistance for professional development for AFP members who self-identify as coming from a diverse community and/or who are employed by grassroots organizations that primarily serve diverse populations. AFP is able to offer coverage of the full conference fee plus some travel support for each selected scholar.
Each year, AFP is pleased to provide one complimentary registration to each collegiate chapter and each American Humanics campus for one member to attend AFP ICON. The chapter is responsible for travel costs, but the scholarship covers the registration fee for the conference.
5. Chapter Scholar Program
- AFP chapters awarding additional scholarships to AFP ICON are able to utilize the early bird rate past the deadline by submitting a chapter scholar. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Sample Scholarship Programs from Other Chapters:
- AFP Greater Louisville Chapter Scholarship Program
- AFP Central Florida Chapter Scholarship Program
- AFP Greater Atlanta Chapter Membership Scholarship - Guidelines | Application
- AFP Greater Houston Chapter Scholarship Program
Please contact Chapter Engagement with any additional questions.