AFP Webinar: 21st Century Grant Applications
Online grant proposals are here to stay. They are frustrating, exasperating and daunting. Still, we often must present our case for support in 2,000 characters (- 350 words or less). Writing tight or to the point while getting the attention of the grant reviewer has never been more crucial. Although brevity is key, grant makers still want engaging narratives that state the issue or problem succinctly while providing evidence that your organization will achieve the proposed outcomes. Knowing what to say and how to say it in a short grant application is the focus of this session. The techniques discussed will help you craft successful paper and paperless proposal narratives.
- Learn techniques to present their case in as few words as possible.
- Identify key elements that will grab grant reviewers’ attention.
- Edit proposals for strong content.
Presenter: Diane Gedeon-Martin. For over 27 years, Diane has focused on grants, grant seeking and fund development for non-profits. She launched her consulting firm, The Write Source in 1993 that today boasts a roster of nearly 270 nonprofit clients in 26 states and Washington, DC. Diane is a nationally recognized speaker and trainer. For 14 years she was an adjunct faculty member of The Fundraising School at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University where she also co-developed the curriculum for their Grant Proposals course. In 2010, she became an AFP Certified Master Trainer.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.