AFP Webinar: Development + Finance = Fundraising Success
The Development Officer writes the story of your organization. The Financial Officer illustrates it…with numbers. Financial Analyst Amy Karson and Fundraising Consultant Amy Fiore are experienced in improving operational efficiencies and meeting income goals for small to mid-sized nonprofits. Together, they explain how finance and development officers can and should work together to raise contributed income.
Topics covered in the webinar will include:
- How to communicate organizational finances that are both transparent and compelling to a donor/prospect
- How to determine direct costs and ethically increase the ask
- Ways to stand out and impress a major donor or foundation
- How to anticipate what a funder might look at and want
- Ways to build mutual understanding and communication through the grant budget process
Presenters: Amy Fiore and Amy Karson, MBA
Amy Fiore, Vice President, Jeffrey Sobel Consulting typically serves as a Client Lead and project manager specializing in board and staff training/retreats, strategic planning, fundraising plans and implementation, project management, and interim leadership. Prior to JSC, Amy was the Managing Director and Director of Development for TADA! Youth Theater and served in leadership roles at several esteemed Manhattan-based cultural institutions. Amy has been an adjunct professor on nonprofit management at New York University’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies and has been a guest lecturer at NYU, Baruch College, the Alliance of Resident Theaters-NY, AFP-NJ, and Americans for the Arts among others. Amy also currently serves as the Director of Development for The Story Pirates.
Amy Karson founded Brand K Partners in 2013 after a 10+ year career in financial management and reporting. Afull-service bookkeeping and financial management firm, Brand K works to optimize the operational efficiencies of small to mid-sized nonprofit organizations. Amy began her career in the private sector at both IBM and UBS. She subsequently co-developed the Nonprofit Outsourcing Clearinghouse program with Nonprofit New York. Amy holds a BS in Finance from Penn State University and an MBA from Yale University. She lives with her husband and 3 sons in northern New Jersey.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.