AFP Webinar: Digital Storytelling That Attracts and Retains More Donors
There's no doubting the power of storytelling in fundraising. But in a digital world, how can your stories rise above the noise?
In this session, we'll outline a framework for modern nonprofit storytelling in a digital age with a special focus on donor stewardship. You'll come away knowing how to utilize digital channels to deliver segmented and compelling stories that will resonate with supporters -- in a way that's scalable for teams of all sizes, and in a way that maintains the personal touch.
- how to maintain an accessible story library
- how to find and utilize low-cost storytelling tools and technology
- how to craft the right story for the right audience at the right time
Presenter: Steven Shattuck
Steven Shattuck is Chief Engagement Officer at Bloomerang. He is the author of Robots Make Bad Fundraisers – How Nonprofits Can Maintain the Heart in the Digital Age, published by Bold and Bright Media (2020). Steven volunteers his time on the Project Work Group of the Fundraising Effectiveness Project and the Study Fundraising Steering Group at the Hartsook Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy at Plymouth University. He is also an AFP Center for Fundraising Innovation (CFI) committee member, and sits on the faculty of the Institute for Charitable Giving.
Steven has contributed content to the National Council of Nonprofits, AFP, NTEN and Nonprofit Hub, and is a frequent conference speaker, having spoken at AFP International, NAYDO, Cause Camp, ADRP, the Nonprofit Storytelling Conference, and Planet Philanthropy to name a few. He is a co-author of Fundraising Principles and Practice: Second Edition. Recipient of the David Letterman Scholarship, Steven graduated with honors from Ball State University in 2006 with a degree in Telecommunications and Creative Writing. He resides in Indianapolis with his wife, son and daughter.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.