AFP Webinar: Everything We Know About Fundraising is (Mostly) Wrong
We often hear about concepts like the fundraising pyramid, donor prospecting, or the funnel approach to donor cultivation. But do these philosophical beliefs match up with reality? Join Steve MacLaughlin, vice president of product management at Blackbaud and bestselling author of Data Driven Nonprofits, as he explores if what we think we know about fundraising is really true. This session will explore some of the most common myths about fundraising and how nonprofits can adjust to the new normal in giving.
- Understand the real size of the nonprofit sector and current giving trend
- Understand how to evolve thinking around the traditional donor pyramid
- Understand how the right metrics make all the difference in measuring performance
Presenter: Steve MacLaughlin
Steve MacLaughlin is the Vice President of Product Management at Blackbaud and best-selling author of Data Driven Nonprofits. MacLaughlin has been featured as a fundraising and nonprofit expert in The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, and on National Public Radio. MacLaughlin previously served on the board of the Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN), is a frequent keynote speaker, and is an adjunct faculty member at Columbia University. Steve earned both his undergraduate degree and a Master of Science degree in Interactive Media from Indiana University.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.