AFP Webinar: Getting the Board Onboard: What's the Issue? Who Can Address It and How?
Enthusiastic, dedicated and full Board involvement is essential for success fundraising. Board members may be nervous about fundraising – not because they cannot do it, but because they didn’t hear about it during recruitment, never learned how to do it and think they will make enemies of their friends if they ask. Participants in this webinar will review best practice board roles and responsibilities, examine a framework for assessing the type(s) of resistance the organization must address, and then use the framework to draft an action plan to address and overcome the resistance!
- Review and discuss the levels of Board member knowledge, skill and engagement.
- Assess the types to resistance Board members are demonstrating using the model of Technical and Adaptive Challenges developed by Ron Heifitz, of the John F Kennedy School of Leadership at Harvard University
- Using the model, develop a preliminary action plan for acknowledging the issue(s) and mapping out an action plan to replace the resistance with engagement and action.
Presenter: Roberta (Robbe) A. Healey, MBA, NHA, ACFRE, has practiced philanthropic fundraising and non-profit organization management for more than forty years. She is an accomplished fund raising generalist with successful track record of establishing new development offices, board and volunteer training. She is VP for Philanthropy at Simpson Senior Services and a Founding Member of Aurora Philanthropic Consulting. She Chaired the Board of Directors of the Association of Fundraising Professionals International (AFP) 2009-10 and completed twelve years of Board service in December 2012. She is Chair of the AFP International Ethics Committee. The Greater Philadelphia Chapter/AFP named her the 2001 Fundraising Executive of the Year and AFP International awarded her the 2013 Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Leadership. She served as a founding member of the LeadingAge Philanthropy Network and Co-chair of the LeadingAge Philanthropy Cabinet. She earned a BS in Education from Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts and an MBA from Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania where she is a member of the adjunct graduate Master of Public Administration faculty. She was the 75th individual to achieve the ACFRE, Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive credential and holds a Pennsylvania Nursing Home Administrators License (NHA). Healey is a sought after international speaker and presenter, who earned the AFP Master Teacher designation in 2000, the first year it was awarded, and has been designated a Faculty Star by the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.