AFP Webinar: Herding Well-Intended Cats: A Survival Guide to Navigating Small Shop Boards of Directors
Many small non-profit organizations are led by well-intended, dedicated and thoughtful Boards of Directors. Those generous volunteer leaders also often have little experience with or knowledge of the practical realities faced by professional executive staff. In this session, led by a small shop veteran, we will discuss how to successfully navigate and manage a Board of Directors, including understanding the different types of Boards of Directors, developing foundational documents, and creating systems that set realistic expectations for volunteers and staff alike.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1.Identify the types of Boards of Directors and their corresponding characteristics
2.Understand the foundational documents needed to facilitate a successful Board
3.Identify the core elements of a system with realistic expectations
Presenter: Amy Wolfe, MPPA, CFRE
Amy Wolfe is a partner in Mujeres Poderosas, a collaboration of hard-working, determined and passionate women sharing their collective wisdom for the betterment of non-profit organizations. Her career includes tenure serving as President and CEO of AgSafe for over a decade, as Vice President of the California Agricultural Leadership Foundation, as an account executive for E&J Gallo Winery and as a legislative aide for the California State Assembly.
Ms. Wolfe is dedicated to her community serving on the Boards of Directors of the Modesto Rotary Club, The Salas Foundation and Protected Harvest, being an involved member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, various California county Farm Bureaus and a Girl Scout for 35 years.
Ms. Wolfe received her Master of Public Policy and Administration from CSU, Sacramento, her Bachelor of Science from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and is accredited as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE).
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.
We use Adobe Connect for our webinars. You can test your system for compatibility or download Adobe Connect here if you don't already have it: https://bsb.acms.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Refund Policy for Webinars and Other Online Content
• If a refund is requested more than 15 days before the event is scheduled, AFP will process a refund via the method used at time of registration minus a $25 administrative fee. Within 15 days of the event, no refund will be granted.
• AFP will not provide a refund after the webinar has been aired and/or recording has been made available.
• If the event is cancelled/postponed by AFP for any reason, participants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to a future webinar of equal value. Within 30 days of the cancellation/postponement, participants must let AFP know which option they prefer, or AFP will automatically provide a credit to a future event.
• If a technical glitch occurs with a webinar or other online content, AFP will work with our vendor to provide an edited yet unimpaired/uncompromised (OR a near-complete) version to all purchasers, no refunds will be provided. If we are unable to recover any content, AFP will provide an option of a full refund or a credit.