AFP Chapter Website Program
Updated October 1, 2021
AFP has partnered with industry leader Higher Logic to provide new community-based websites for all AFP chapters. The AFP Chapter Website Program provides chapters with a strong, branded online platform for their members and the public at no cost. To learn more about the program, including how to participate, training materials and videos, resources and more, please click the links below to jump to each respective section!
- Chapter Website Program Updates – See the latest program update communications from AFP.
- Chapter Website Program Webinar - New Admin Experience (February 4, 2020): PowerPoint
- Current Chapter Sites Listing - Take a look at the current AFP Chapter Website Program sites.
- Establishing Your AFP Chapter Website - Each chapter is required to complete the AFP Chapter Website Participation Intent Form | Collegiate Intent Form. The information provided in this form will be used to structure and deliver your site according to your requirements. The AFP Chapter Website Program team will work with Higher Logic to set up the initial template framework for each chapter site. AFP will then turn the site framework over to each chapter to tailor and personalize according to the chapter’s needs.
2. TRAINING MATERIALS
AFP and Higher Logic have assembled a number of how-to documents and quick video tutorials to help walk you through everything you need to know to set up and manage your AFP chapter website. You can find these resources (and more!) in the AFP Chapter Website Program Community Library on the AFP Connect site. The topics covered include: managing your site (e.g. organizing content, hiding, deleting and archiving pages, library, discussions and blogs, using the carousel/slide show, setting up a Facebook feed, and more), managing events (e.g. documenting offline payments, email notifications overview, and more) and tools/ideas to help manage your site (e.g. job boards, forms and surveys, external event management, etc.).
We’ve included a few of the most popular documents here for easy reference but we strongly encourage you to visit the Chapter Website Community Library for more information on a wide variety of topics.
- Managing Your AFP Chapter Site
- Chapter Homepage Overview - Use this "map key" to understand the layout and functionality of your site's homepage.
- Higher Logic's Content Management System (CMS) Overview
- Creating Web Pages
- Building Page Layout and Adding Content to Web Pages
- Setting Up a Custom Domain for Your Site
- Managing Your AFP Chapter Events
- Tools/Ideas to Help Manage Your Website
3. COMMUNITY SUPPORT FORUM
AFP has a community support forum for chapter admins to utilize as you work to build out your new websites. Be sure to join and take advantage of the advice and expertise all around you!
We have created an AFP Chapter Website Program Community on AFP Connect where we will post important information and helpful documents. We hope you will join this community and use it to discuss your new websites, ask questions of your fellow admins, post helpful documents, and more.
- Chapter Webmaster LinkedIn Group
- Chapter LinkedIn Groups
- AFP Logo Usage Guide and Brand Protection Policy Guidelines
Questions? Please contact AFP Chapter Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.