Make Sure Your Members Can Be Found Online - Updating Your Directory Preferences!
As AFP members know, it is critical for colleagues and others to be able to find you to connect, especially during these COVID-19 times. However, members often will not find their names in the AFP Global Member Directory on the main website (https://afpglobal.org/member-directory-search) or in the AFP Global "Connect" Community (https://community.afpglobal.org/network/members). In addition, their name may not appear in the chapter directory appearing on their AFP-provided Higher Logic website (if the chapter is participating in the AFP Chapter Website Program). This is because at some point in the past, the member may have indicated (inadvertently or purposely) that they did not want to appear in any online directory or listing.
It is good to periodically remind your members to review and update they member profile with AFP Global to ensure both that their information is current, and that they are appearing in the online directories. Below are the steps you can provide them to update this preference:
To Update Your Online Directory Preferences:
1. Visit the Contact Information page for your profile: https://afp.personifycloud.com/PersonifyEbusiness/My-Account/Addresses
2. If not already signed in, click "Sign In" to log into your profile. You will now be on the "Contact Information" page (if not, please enter the URL above again after signing in, or go to https://afp.personifycloud.com/PersonifyEbusiness/My-Account and then click "Contact Information" from the left-side menu.
3. Click the "Edit" link next to "Main Address".
4. Under Zip/Postal Code, you will see two checkboxes. To ensure your name appears in all AFP-related online directories, you will need to check the box next to "Include in Web/Mobile Directory". Once checked, click Save.
5. Your name and information will shortly now appear in the AFP Global Member Directory on the main website (https://afpglobal.org/member-directory-search), in the AFP Global "Connect" Community Directory (https://community.afpglobal.org/network/members), and in the chapter directory appearing on your AFP-provided Higher Logic website (if your chapter is participating in the AFP Chapter Website Program).
And remember: You cam also update any additional information at this time - simply select the appropriate menu item to update from the left-side menu!