AFP Webinar: The Art and Science of Effective Gift Acknowledgments
We all know that thanking donors is important, but how and when should we be thanking donors? How do different approaches to acknowledgements make people feel, and how does that impact future engagement?
In this session, we’ll explore the latest research into donor behavior and effective gift acknowledgements with special attention given to the recent groundbreaking findings of Jen Shang and Adrian Sargeant. You’ll come away with practical takeaways to help you craft thank yous that are both impactful and memorable!
In this session, participants will learn:
- The connection between thanking and retaining donors
- What donors want out of the communications we send them
- The ways in which surveys can play a role in thanking donors
- The enlightening results of several gift acknowledgement experiments
Presenter: Steven Shattuck got his start in the nonprofit sector producing fundraising videos and other digital content for organizations like Butler University, Girl Scouts, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the American Heart Association. Steven volunteers his time on the Project Work Group of the Fundraising Effectiveness Project and the Study Fundraising Steering Group at the Hartsook Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy at Plymouth University. He is also an AFP Professional Development committee member. Steven has contributed content to the National Council of Nonprofits, AFP, NTEN and Nonprofit Hub, and is a frequent conference speaker, having spoken at AFP International, NAYDO, Cause Camp, ADRP, the Nonprofit Storytelling Conference, and Planet Philanthropy to name a few. He is a co-author of Fundraising Principles and Practice: Second Edition. In 2015, he co-founded Launch Cause, a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping emerging nonprofit organizations in the Indianapolis area enhance the impact of their work.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: email@example.com or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.