AFP Webinar: Giving Shifts - How Networks are Catalyzing Change
Networks are changing the face of philanthropy. Primarily led by women and people of color, donors are joining forces to fund their interests and create giving collaboratives with likeminded individuals. Over the past 15 years, these networks have grown more significantly and there’s no sign that the growth will slow anytime soon. Donors are attracted to flexibility and ease of the network model, but what else is driving this growth? This session will explore four types of networks and their lessons and implications for philanthropy and fundraising.
- Discover the various factors that are contributing to the growth of networks.
- Gain an understanding of four different models of networks (giving circles, pooled giving, aligned giving, community networks).
- Learn implications of growth for philanthropy and challenges that networks may pose to traditional fundraising.
Presenter: LaTanya Flix is founder of CauseAdvance LLC, where she offers clients custom solutions for strategy, philanthropy and social impact. Her expertise has been developed over 20 years of experience as a philanthropy advisor, foundation director and nonprofit executive. She initiated the first empirical study on the charitable giving patterns of Houston women and has managed small shop fundraising, donor advised funds and high-value donor education programs. LaTanya has an MPAff from The LBJ School of Public Affairs, UT Austin and is a 21/64 Certified Advisor in Multigenerational Philanthropy.
AFP provides professional development for you, the fundraising and nonprofit professional. We know your schedule is tight and so we’re offering online courses that can be taken from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Please note for webinars:
- Individual member price: $79 per session.
- individual non-member price: $99 per session.
- Chapters pay $149 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Non-member groups pay $179 for a single webinar for group viewing at one location.
- Bundles of 10 webinars or all 26 webinars are available at discounted rates (bundle-26 includes live webinar and download at no extra cost).
For more information click here: https://www.pathlms.com/afp/product_bundles
Non-member groups please contact us for rates for all 26 webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 519-8494.
For technical support, please contact Blue Sky eLearn at (888) 705-6002 or email@example.com 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time.