AFP Youth In Philanthropy Careers in Fundraising Toolkit
Welcome to the new Careers in Fundraising Toolkit. This toolkit was developed specifically for chapters to engage high school students in exploring the exciting and rewarding profession of fundraising. It is important for high school students to learn about this potential career path in public service before they get to college – as it may influence their choices during their collegiate years.
The Toolkit includes seven pieces: a sample introduction letter, a presentation outline to be used for high school principals and/or guidance counselors, a description and purpose statement for AFP, a copy of the Donor Bill of Rights and Code of Ethics, an outline for a presentation to be made to high school students and an activity that can be used in such a presentation.
The final piece of the Toolkit is the handout, “Ten Reasons to Consider a Career in Fundraising”. This handout is available to your chapter to distribute at local high schools. Chapters may order these free, printed handouts in packages of 50 from www.afpprintq.com. We hope you will use this material to help create the next generation of professional fundraisers.
See Attachments for the following:
- Sample Introductory Letter to High School Career Counselor [Word]
- Career Counselor Outline [Word]
- AFP Description and Purpose [Word]
- Donor Bill of Rights and Code of Ethics [PDF]
- Student Presentation Outline [Word]
- Career Presentation - Activity for High School Visits [Word]
- AFP Top 10 Career Flyer [PDF]